Monday, April 8, 2013

Regular Service for the GTR but get new tips to maintain it's gear box

The GTR has not been actively used this last few month. I spent most of my time on the Nouvo LC. This is because the gear box is very noisy and the clutch feels like slipping. I afraid, if I ride it to work, it may stall on the highway.

So, yesterday I went for a regular servicing. Just to changes the engine and gear oil and tightened the cone bearing of the handle bar.

It was quickly done and the mechanic seem like he knew what he was doing. What really surprised me was his suggestion. He advise me to fill up the gear box with 2 bottle of gear oil (instead on 1 bottle as usual). He said, GTR problem was always overheating at the gear box. One of the reason because, the volume of the gear oil was too small.

So< I took his advise. I change the engine oil with Motul for Scooter and add 2 bottles of gear oil to the gear box.

From my observation, after the first bottle, the is no sign of oil coming out of the gear box. Only after completion of the second bottle, only the newly filled gear oil came out showing that the gear box already full.

That made me thinks, all these while all the mechanics has been putting a wrong amount of gear oil?
Why NAZA never labelled the gear box to be filled up with 2 bottle (200ml) of gear oil?
Why nobody ever given me such an advise before?

Well, for what ever reason, I am going to try it for a few month. If there will be an improvement, I will continue adding 200ml of gear oil to the gear box.

What about you?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Salam, normally how much the motul oil per bottle? Can i use castrol4t?thx

f3r1z said...

hi..iam from indonesia..
i gtr 150 rider too..
i want to buy single seater for gtr 150....can you help me for this??
f3r1zz@gmail.com

jacotzahm said...

Titanium - The Art of Gold - TITanium Art
The ancient Bronze Age metal sculpture "Gold," micro touch hair trimmer made dental implants in India in is titanium a metal 1839, The copper alloy is ceramic ford escape titanium for sale ceramic-stone with titanium hair dye a